Medical Assistant Schools in Florida
If you feel that it's time for a new career and you like the idea of working in the health care field, now could be the perfect time to find out more about medical assistant schools in Florida that offer training. Medical assisting can be a rewarding career, especially for those who enjoy working in a professional environment and assisting other health care practitioners with clinical duties.
Training to become a medical assistant can also be a quick route to entering the profession since many programs require less than a year to complete. Programs, graduation requirements and the type of credential awarded may vary by state.
As of 2008, that state of Florida employed 34,830 medical assistants. This number is expected to increase by 31 percent and total 45,540 by 2018. During 2011, the starting salary for Florida medical assistants was $20,700. The median annual salary topped at $28,100 during the same period.
- Everest University - Brandon
- Everest University - Jacksonville
- Everest University - Lakeland
- Everest University - Largo
- Everest University - Melbourne
- Everest University - North Orlando
- Everest University - Orange Park
- Everest University - Pompano Beach
- Everest University - South Orlando
- Everest University - Tampa
- Indian River Community College
*CareerOneStop, sponsored by the U. S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration