Medical Assistant Schools in Massachusetts
Enroll in medical assistant training today and gain hands-on experience and training that health care providers value. If you like the idea of working with health care professionals and helping others live healthier lives, medical assistant training could be your pathway to success.
Medical assistant training can be quick. Many programs allow you to enroll and complete your program in less than a year. Other programs may require one to two years to complete. Check with your school of interest to learn more about its medical assistant program and the credentials awarded upon graduation.
In 2011, entry-level medical assistants earned an average starting salary of $25,700. The average median salary for that same year was $34,900. Employment data indicates 12,680 medical assistants were employed in 2008. The number of working medical assistants through 2018 is expected to increase 20 percent and total 15,270.*
- Bristol Community College - Fall River
- Massasoit Community College - Canton
- Middlesex Community College - Bedford
- Mount Wachusett Community College - Gardner
- North Shore Community College - Danvers
- Northern Essex Community College - Haverhill
- Quinsigamond Community College - Worcester
*CareerOneStop, sponsored by the U. S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration