Medical Assistant Schools in Texas
Texas provides hands-on training at a number of medical assistant schools. If you're hoping for a health care career, enrolling in a medical assistant program could be a good opportunity to gain the knowledge and experience that many industry employers hope to find in new employees.
As a medical assistant, your daily tasks may include checking patient vital signs, preparing patients for examinations, answering telephones, taking patient medical histories, and other clinical or administrative duties.
In 2011, the starting entry-level salary for Texas medical assistants was $18,700. The median annual salary for the same year was $27,000. Texas employed 40,640 medical assistants in 2008. That number, due to an expected 35 percent increase through 2018, should reach a total of 54,870 medical assistants).*
- Everest College - Arlington (Mid Cities)
- Everest Institute - Austin
- Everest College - Dallas
- Everest Institute - Fort Worth South
- Everest Institute - Houston Bissonnet
- Everest Institute - Houston Greenspoint
- Everest Institute - Houston Hobby
- Everest Institute - San Antonio
*CareerOneStop, sponsored by the U. S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration